Often times it’s pretty hard to see the boundaries between emotional stress – an almost daily disease for many people – and PTSD, that is posttraumatic stress disorder.
What Is PTSD?
Both diseases affect the way the patient approaches its real life, social relationship and/or workplace tasks and environment. The main difference is that PTSD is a more serious stage of common emotional stress. PTSD is a mental health problem which rises after life-threatening events that the patient had to experience somewhere in their life, for example:
- Wars, bombs, destruction,
- Natural disasters like tornados or hurricanes, earthquakes, tsunami
- Car accidents or any other accidents on board of a mean of transportation
- Sexual assault and any other form of sexual violence, threatening event
Overview On Symptoms Of PTSD
PTSD can happen to anyone who experienced a really hard situation which influenced and impacted their life in a heavy way, often resulting in nightmares, difficulty to have social relationship, agoraphobia and other forms of fear.
Anyways, symptoms may differ a lot for each person, since the emotional impact of certain situations and life experience depends on the patient’s personality as well.
Treatment Options For PTSD
Basically, there are two main ways to treat PTSD:
- Psychotherapy (also called counseling or talk therapy) focuses on the memory of the event which caused the disorder in different ways: either Cognitive Processing Therapy (CPT) or Prolonged Exposure (PE). Another psychotherapeutic approach is the Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing (EMDR)
- Medication consists in certain medicines that are also used for depression, such as serotonin reuptake inhibitors, serotonin-norepinephrine reuptake inhibitors, paroxetine, fluoxetine, sertraline and venlafaxine
A third way to treat PTSD is to combine both psychotherapy and medication.
Overseas Medical Tourism
Often it happens that patients or their family don’t feel particularly happy with local hospitals or psychotherapists for PTSD treatments. Since this type of emotional disease is mainly based on individual personality and mental status, it’s very hard to find the ideal medical staff who can really meet the patient’s needs in full, without to waste time, money and efforts.
Amsalem Medical Center is a leading company in the Middle East for medical tourism, leading each foreign patient to their precise medical care and treatment in overseas clinics, hospitals, and medical centers. As you can see on amsalemmedicalcenter.org, Amsalem Medical Center is operating in the medical tourism industry since decades, which results in high-level expertise, all-inclusive medical packages (hotel accommodation, means of transportation, needed medical services) and attentive customer-care.
What Does Amsalem Medical Center Do?
When a patient (or a patient’s family member) gets in touch to Amsalem Medical Center, a company’s representative takes care of searching the most appropriate medical center for the patient’s specific needs, in consideration of individual needs, most affordable solutions and best qualified medical staff.
Often times the key to the medical problem can be found overseas: an international arena of specialized hospitals/clinics offer much higher and diversified potentials to find the most suitable and affordable medical solution to any mental disorder or physical illness.